WILLIAM GRANT STILL ART CENTER, Los Angeles, 2017
INLAND CONSERVATORY FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS, Upland, CA. November 2014 - 2016
A PLACE CALLED HOME, Los Angeles, C, November 2012 - November 2014
· Teach music education, guitar technique, advanced guitar ensemble, and theory, ranging from beginning to advanced guitar skill levels to students, ages 3 to 18,
· Create curriculum that focus on technique, repertoire, creative expression, composition, and music theory.
· Work with students individually and in groups.
· Foster music appreciation amongst students by establishing a safe creative space to explore their creativity, and skills.
· Developed a beginning band; a first time experience for students.
University of California at Los Angeles July 2011 - 2016
· Assist instructor in beginning instrument technique in a group setting.
· Facilitate a question and answer session about a career in music.
BHH NAACP ACT SO Competition, Beverly Hills Hollywood, CA, March 2012 to Present
· Judge for the Local Competition.
· Selecting the best among the participants in accordance with the judging criteria outlined in guidelines provided by the NAACP.
· Provides a forum through which youths demonstrate artistic prowess and expertise.
JAIL GUITAR DOORS, Los Angeles, C, April 2012 to Present
Facilitating Singer Songwriter Workshop
· Develop original songs with inmates.
JASS BOHEMIANS TRIO
Kjaz Summer Concert Series 2012 - 2014
COLA Awards Tribute Barnsdall Art Park 2017
Grand Performances June 2001 - 2016
Tipitinas New Orleans May 2009
Stern Grove San Francisco July 2004
Walt Disney Hall Inaugural Season 2004
El Ray Theater 88.1 Jingle Jazz 2013
Pasadena Levitt 2016
Blue Whale 2013
Pasadena Civic Center 2012
Union Station City Of LA Concert Series 2013
Hollywood and Highland Jazz Concert Series 2013
LACMA Ring Cycle April 2012
The Old King King 1992-1994
New York EMI Show Case 1993
Germany Wuppertal EMI w/Guru 1994
Brighton, England Jazz Bop 1994
Saturday Night Live 1996
SELF PRODUCED DOCUMENTARIES 2000 - 2004
The Art Of Sound 1, 2, & 3
Alexander Hamilton Music Academy 1989 - 1992
Pasadena City College/Music Education 2016 - Present
Greg Porée (composition, guitar) 1987 - 1996
Paul Jackson (session guitar) Jr. 1990 - 1992
Ken Lasaine guitar/improvisation 1990 - 1992
Michael Dean classical voice 2005 - 2006
SELF CURATED SHOWS
Jazz Workshop 2000 - 2004
Host of a weekly music composition workshop for jazz musicians.
Soft Scream 2016 - Present
Host of a monthly show featuring an eclectic cast of musicians. Past notable acts include Sin Color (electric folklorico), Riddem Queens (ska), Gaby Hernandez & Carlos Niño (acoustic experimental), Jessie Bliss (playwright & poet), Mark Maxwell (KPFK), Adam Topol (singer songwriter) (Jack Johnson Band), Paul Livingstone/ Arohi (North Indian ensemble), Angelo Moore (fishbone), Vinny Golia (avante garde jazz), Raul Pacheco (ozomatli), Kathleen Kim & Kelly Coats (electronic experimental)
Umoja Quintet 1993 Paramount Studios
Dr. Dre (Scarface) 1996
Dakah Grand Performances 2004
9net Live Salon De La Plaza 2011
The Art Of Sound No Sound Studios 2000-2008
Jass Workshop Live @ Rock Rose 2009
Solo Porée Studios 2010 - Present
9net Live Salon De La Plaza 2011
Jazz Knights A Confidential Journey 2014
TEACHING AND RESEARCH INTERESTS
Music Pedagogy, Performance Theory, Writing About Music, Practice Methods, Cross-Cultural Art Exchange, Guitar Tabulation, Art Song, Volunteer Music Workshops
MTA Bus Driver 2004 - 2008
Checker Cab 2008 - 2011